Today was graduation day. She got a diploma…and a sugar rush.
It’s been a long month of baking and making greasy icing, but my girl has come a long way.
Week one was just learning how to squirt out icing on some cookies.
Week two had them following a pattern in the book that comes with the class. She chose the cupcake.
Not bad. Week three had them decorating cupcakes. I was going to pick her up at a friend’s house after class and with all the extra moving around, her cupcakes took one for the team. They got pretty squished so there wasn’t much to take a picture of. I didn’t even get to see them before they got messed up. *sad face*
And then week four was today. They all decorated a cake. I wasn’t sure what to think about it all but I was very impressed!
She even demonstrated how to make roses when we got home from class. Her favorite one..the best one..is at the bottom left. She got better and better as she made them.
Good job, sweetie! : )
6 comments:
Awesome. I took a cake decorating class once and while I learned, I also had icing from one end of my kitchen to the other. I decided to find someone else to decorate my cakes. :-)
She sure has a natural talent if she learned this in 4 weeks!
I believe she earned her Masters degree in cake decorating!!!! They all look amazing. So...when are you opening up a bakery???
xoxoxo
Beautiful! I did cake decorating for a while and got quite a bit of business making personalized birthday cakes. Once the word gets out, she probably can too, if she wants to.
Love it! She did great! I am a sucker for wedding cake icing, and I would have loved being a guinea pig. She should definitely keep up her skills; this could be a future career for her.
What a fun class! Great idea. I'd love that kind of thing, but would probably put on 10 lbs. Couldn't keep my fingers out of the icing! =) Well done!
Loved her cupcake on the cake. I would have her make the cupcakes again for "practice" :)
Post a Comment