Yesterday we went to the waterpark with a bunch of buddies. A fun time was had by all. No one came away red or even pink, thanks to adequate sunblock.
Unlike last week.
*insert PSA here*
I have been using Banana Boat products for years and have always enjoyed good protection with their products. But the line of Boat products I used the most left me sticky, which isn’t all that bad at the waterpark, but is messy and icky at a function that requires…say…regular clothes.
So I have been on the hunt for a better solution. I tried some Neutrogena stuff..and let me tell you, it was pricey! And I came away red more than once even though it said it was waterproof. So it was back to the Boat with us. But this time I tried something else in their line…and the girl and I both came away red last week. She got it worse than I did. And I felt like a dog for it.
So I did some research online and found that not all Banana Boat products are made equal. So I tried the Sport line (in the orange bottle) and neither of us were the least bit pink after yesterday. It is the same stuff that left me sticky “back in the day”, but I don’t think I was as sticky when I used it this time. I wonder if they’ve reformulated it or something. But anyhoo…one of those consumer rating/research places online gave Banana Boat Sport and No Ad Brand the best ratings.
(It also comes in a ‘face’ formula and it worked perfectly on both of us…with no burning eyes either!)
So get on the boat…the Banana Boat!
*end PSA*…and no, nobody paid me or gave me anything to say that. I just don’t want you burned like we were. It was so nice to just leave the park, wash the day off and be the same color I was at the start of the day. Woot!
As I said, a fun time was had by all. I had a particularly thrilling couple of moments when a spider when down my cleavage swim shirt and I began to wonder if I was gonna have go to into wardrobe malfunction to get the silly thing OUT. But thankfully I was able to finally flick the little guy out of there without scaring anybody around me or getting kicked out of the park.
So it was a good day indeed.
5 comments:
Sunblock can be a dilemma. I have to be careful what I use on my face especially. Thanks for the low down. and the laugh about the spider. I am so glad you were able to handle discreetly, because we wouldn't want a "jury trial downtown" ;)
We've done pretty good with the Walmart brand of sunscreen. I get insanely high SPF numbers which drives Jeremy nuts. I just tell him that we're destined to maintain our Casper states as long as I'm in charge!
And I'm glad you got the spider out, although it would have made a great blog post if you had had more trouble!
Don't you hate sunscreen??? I do too. But it is a necessary evil. I have not found one that does not burn my eyes when I sweat....I might have to try your boat.
I really like the target UP brand of spray for my body, it really works well.
Great PSA Kay!!!!
This is a very important and "sensitive" subject (pun intended). I break out when I use sunscreen of any kind on my face, even the super-fancy department store kind. I found some good stuff for the body from Avon which is a self-tanner AND has SPF in it. Win-win! And I do love the Hawaiian-type of sunscreen oils, for the smell and the way they make the skin look - no wrinkles! I did find a good one from Japan at Sephora for the face, and I use that when necessary...but there hasn't been much need up here this year! =)
Glad you didn't have to scare anybody or get kicked out the park to deal with the spider :) Not sure what I would have done. Bet there would have been screaming, though :)
By the way, Kay, I recently updated my blogs to visit list on my blog and included your link. Blessings to you!
Post a Comment