Friday, May 6, 2011

free style school pictures

Wednesday we did something super fun.

I decided a while back that if this home school girl was going to have “school pictures” then I had better come up with a plan.

Cuz Grandma is waiting. : )

Thankfully I have a sweet friend who is also a super fantabulous, incredibly amazing blogger, Antique Mommy. But she is also an equally amazing photographer and Photoshop artist, which is easy to see on her blog and photography area.

Soooo, I asked real sweet like and she agreed to take us/her out for a fun little photo shoot.

The results are amazing! : )

This is one of my favorite shots…just straight on!

DSC_2540

But being that Antique Mommy is not just a photographer but also an artist, she saw many more possibilities behind the lens than I ever could.

Enjoy! (and yes, I’m freaking out a little since I don’t do a lot of pics of my girl on here. Watermarks away!)

DSC_2568

DSC_2572

Since my hubby is a snarky one, he had to caption this…woe is me, I’m a modern girl trapped in log cabin times..I’ll never play Nintendo again.

DSC_2643

But I think I’ll adjust. If Laura Ingalls could do it, so can I! : )

DSC_2667

This is one of my favorites. I love the lush green in the background contrasted against her skin and sweater.

DSC_2679

And AM couldn’t resist a little fun with Photoshop, since she’s a genius at it. So she gave us a little glimpse into the future with this little trick.

Look mom, no braces!

lookmanobraces

She took over 200 pictures of my girl. Of course not every picture can be a winner, but we came pretty darn close. The ones I shared here are just a few from the very tippy top of the iceberg. She sent me 80 amazing shots!

There is so much more to tell about this fun day that is a post unto itself. Check back soon for the rest of the story!

9 comments:

Antique Mommy said...

Aaawww-uh! You are super nice to say such kind things. It was a ton of fun and that little ole gal of yours is something special.

Jewel said...

Beautiful girl and beautiful braces! I don't think I have ever seen pictures of "Boo" on here. I'm always tempted to think that with the right camera and the right setting, that anyone could be a photographer. HA! But you're right, you really need the "right eye" to see things in a picture-worthy way. Fun!

Wade's World said...

You're friends with Antique Mommy? I love her blog!

And the pictures are amazing! I think that's the first time I've seen a picture of "the girl" and she is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh....I am so jealous!! Those photos are amazing...well, how could they not be? SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!
I laughed so hard at the 'tough life of a modern girl trapped in log cabin times'....he is a funny one.

Thanks for sharing with us Kay.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Mother's day to you!

Beckypdj said...

AAAAw she's beautiful :) Great pics and a fun time. Been missing you Kay!

Kathleen said...

Wonderful photos; and such a beautiful young lady. Thank you for sharing ...

Gberger said...

She is soooo lovely! Great idea, and well done!

Cheryl Barker said...

Thanks for sharing these, Kay! My favorite is the first one. Such a great shot -- and such a beautiful girl!

Jill said...

Great pictures; beautiful girl!