Friday, August 20, 2010

walking with God…literally

I know y’all are going to get tired of me posting about home school. I can’t help it. Especially because right now while we get rolling, I don’t have time for much else.

We are stepping up her ‘workout’ for PE this week. That means we’re trying to spend a little more time on the treadmill etc. and up the cardio a little bit. Well, I probably don’t have to tell you that she and I are both pretty un-athletic. So bumping up the cardio is a big deal.

And I hate it.

I am not not a big fan of exercise.

The workout center at the church makes it easy as they’ve got TV’s to watch and I always have my iPod in my pocket to listen to music while I walk.

I spend most of my time on the treadmill with earplugs in and my hands lightly resting on the side rail dealies so I can walk with my eyes closed. I know I get a little less of a workout that way because I’m not moving my arms, but it keeps me centered so I can sort of zone out.

I can block out the tv, other people working out (except my girl that I have to remind what to do from time to time) and any other distraction.

And walk with God. Literally.

I listen to music and just worship God. And pray. I love it.

9 comments:

Gberger said...

I'm finally getting "caught up" with you - there is so much news here! You and your girl sound as if you are going to have fun homeschooling this year. Have you looked at the Pioneer Woman's homeschooling pages? She has some FABULOUS resources listed over there.
I have been blessed by FlyLady's encouragement and her organizational ideas, too.
Your cat is a riot. I love big, quirky cats!
Bless you and your family as you begin this new school adventure!
Thank you for your prayers this month. I know you "get it."

Jill said...

I don't know if it would help you hate it less, but I enjoy walking outdoors MUCH more than walking on a treadmill. We have some parks and greenways in our area that are nice to walk on, and I actually enjoy it, at least when the weather is nice!

Dawn said...

one of these months it is going to get cooler and i am going to get back to walking... because i just love wakling with God! and such great music to choose from!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Kay, I think being centered is the most important thing in this world for any of us.
Do it. Let yourself go....and visit with God when you need to.
Glad you are 'good' busy as opposed to the 'bad' busy.
Update us when you can!!!
xoxo
Suz

Kathleen said...

I'm a walker myself. Long ago I developed a love for walking outdoors in the early morning hours. With my IPOD and hand weights, the meander is beneficial to both body & soul.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Wade's World said...

I wish our church had a workout center. I'm just not motivated to do anything by myself, but it sounds like you are doing great!

Jewel said...

I'm with ya! I didn't enjoy going to the gym until I established a regular routine of prayer and worship with my ipod while on the exercise bike. It's been awhile because the summer activities kept me too busy, but I'm longing to get back to it.

Cheryl Barker said...

I love to pray, too, while getting my walking in. Double the benefits of walking, huh? :)

momma24 said...

It's nice to 'meet' another homeschooler! It is a great adventure. :)