This is pretty much just a recap of week one of home school and an unrelated observation.
Let’s start with the observation. I was out the other day and saw a man driving a very big (Cadillac?) convertible with HORNS on the front of it. I know some people think evvverybody in Texas drives those, but let me set you straight. Ummm, no. This might be the first time I’ve seen one and I’m pretty sure J.R. Ewing wasn’t behind the wheel.
Well, we have completed one week of home schooling. And I’m here to tell ya…
- Seems a bit odd to watch Paula Deen dish out the butter and fat whilst walking on the treadmill. (We do gym work 3 days a week and the other 2 days are weight/floor work we can complete at home)
- Spanish class is interesting via computer.
- I am not near as tech savvy as my husband…and the ENTIRE younger generation.
- Did you know you can say all the vowels in Spanish??? Here, let me show you! Say “Pepe, taco, burrito”. There! You’ve just said all the vowels correctly. Spanish should be a breeze from here, right? RIGHT??? : )
- I don’t think Rosetta Stone is interested in her looking at the picture of the waving man and saying “he’s hot” after saying “hola” into the microphone. I overheard that little jewel as I walked past her room as she played around on RS earlier this week.
But overall, we had a good week. We are still learning the ropes, as they say. This week was a lot of procedures and learning the tech with a little learning thrown in. Next week we’ll be hitting the real stuff harder. I hope we can remember everything we learned this week about zips, downloads, mp3s and a million other little details. hold me.
5 comments:
I'm glad things went good for you this week. Keep us posted!
Sounds like fun to me!!! I try to keep up with the techy stuff, but it is going so fast I feel like I'm behind most of the time.
Years & years ago there was a man that drove around our town with a car like that. We also had a very elderly couple that kept a car forever. It was so old the tires still used inner tubes!!! funny stuff.
Just think of how much smarter you are going to be!!!! Your daughter is funny: "He's hot" might come in handy one day.
Don't you have horns on your hood???
Sounds interesting. I'll be curious to see how it goes as the year progresses.
Congrats on a good first week! And don't feel alone -- I'm tech-challenged, too :)
Post a Comment