OMG(osh)! I can’t believe all the researching, planning and ordering of the books is over and we are down to the wire.
Tomorrow is the first day of school.
This is our first home school type experience. I’ve always sent her off to school in new clothes and a full lunchbox. But this is different. And it feels different. I bought a few spiral notebooks for her to jot down little notes. And a big container of mechanical pencils, which are a fave around here too. And that’s about it.
We’ve been joking that she can go to school in her pajamas! Just kidding though. She’ll have to get her act together a little bit to visit the gym several days of the week. Until January. And then she can go to school in her pajamas! : )
I’ve been thinking a lot about all my routines and how things will change with this new school set up. One thing I realized is that I won’t have uninterrupted days alone to ‘get things done’. And one of the easiest things to get behind on is housework!
So!
I was chatting with a friend the other day and she had nice things to say about Flylady’s system. During our discussion, I figured out that I was already doing some things “the Flylady way”. That made me happy. But I could still see a thing or two that would make cleaning easier.
My bathroom counters are always a mess.
Ooops..pardon the kitty. Flylady can’t help me with that. But you get the idea...mess-y! And it takes time to clean everything off and move it all around to clean. So I got an idea.
I put all my bottles and containers in another container, so I can move ONE thing instead of a zillion little things! I’ll let you know how it works out for me. I plan to do my counters the Flylady way and wipe them down daily so they don’t get dirty. Should be much faster that way.
Isn’t it pretty?
I’ll let you know how it goes!
6 comments:
Good luck tomorrow! I hope homeschooling is an amazing experience for you and your family!
And let me know how the bathroom organization goes. I'm nowhere closet to being brave enough to post pictures of my bathroom counter!
That does look much better, you know how I love some organization.
I can't imagine wiping down the bathroom countertops daily, seriously, that seems a bit much.
Good luck on the home schooling. It will be great for you, once you get your routine down pat.
She only has to visit the gym until winter? Is that her P.E. class???
take care and keep us updated.
Suz
Good luck. Will be looking forward to your updates!!!!
Looks like you're ready for school too, Mom!
I'll never forget the first school days for my own. They were bittersweet, announcing the end of something precious, but also announcing the beginning of something new & wonderful.
Blessings,
Kathleen
Hi Kay~ I wanted to stop by and let you know that you were the winner of Priscilla Shirer's book, "One in a Million". I'm so happy that it was you. I know the Lord will use it to speak to and bless you. :-)
Congrats and may the Lord bless you and your daughter as you homeschool this year. How wonderful for you both. He will show you how to do everything He has called you to do - because He completes what He starts! I'll be praying for you as the Lord brings you to my mind. Between God and the Flylady, you can do it! ;-)
Love to you! Send me your e-mail address asap, and I'll get the book to you.
Jennifer.SmellingCoffee@gmail.com
Love ya~
Jennifer
Good luck with homeschooling! Hope it goes beautifully for you all!
Post a Comment