Today is another birthday.
Another one where we look at each other silently and knowingly.
And know there won’t be cake.
Or presents.
Or thirteen candles.
Another year has gone by.
I wonder if there will come a year that we don’t count how old would he’d be.
Or how long he’s been gone.
Probably not.
Happy birthday in heaven today, sweet boy.
Love and kisses.
Mommy
7 comments:
((hugs)) you (and he) will be in my thoughts today.
nope. probably not. you're his mama, and that's what mama's do. love & strength to you & your family)especially today...
A birthday in Heaven, I'm sure it doesn't get any better than that. Looking forward to the day we join them.
Happy Birthday.
Hugs to you and your family Kay.
No, I don't think you will ever NOT think of him on this day, or any others for that matter.
Hugs to you Kay and your sweet family.
xoxox
Kay, that's beautiful. Hugs to you, too. I'll be thinking of you in the next few days.
I'm so sorry that I was offline when you posted this. I'm sending love and understanding to you. Those days are SO hard. And I agree with Suz. He is part of your family - he is a gift - and his birthday is an important day. {{{HUGS}}}
Dear Kay,
I didn't realize you had just had another birthday for your sweet boy. These days are hard, and the passage of time doesn't lessen the sense of loss and missing. Really, nothing makes it easier except the assurance that we will see them again. That's the promise we hold on to with everything in us. Comfort to you sweet mama.
Post a Comment