Anyway, we used to have a fat tree. And yes, we're all about the artificial tree, since I've got nasty allergies and asthma. Anyhoo.. I think we had a real one once early on, and it only took once to realize it was a pain in the neck. But the old timey fake trees aren't much easier.. I'm talking before pre-lits came along, that is.
Anyway, we always had artificial trees and they were always pretty big around. But we live in a very small house and we'd have to rearrange our whole little world for the tree every year and that drove me nuts. It's hard to get into the 'spirit of things' when everywhere I turned, was a misplaced piece of furniture that stuck out like a sore thumb. I'd had my 'eye' on those skinny trees for a long time. And of course, pre-lits were making their entrance too. So we decided to go for it and get one with both. I knew if my tree was gonna be skinny, then it had to be tall to make up for it. And it is. It's 7 and a half feet tall. And every year, including this one, my dear hubby, Mr Daddyman himself, has hoisted the Boo up to put the topper on. This might be the last year for that though. Ahem.
But we love the skinny tree. I can't say enough wonderful things about it. When we had a bigger tree, it always looked sparse, no matter how many things we put on it. And now with this skinny one, it looks full of ornaments even if we only put half of them on. And it's tucked into a corner and I don't have to rearrange a single thing to have it. I love that!
One row of lights near the bottom is on the fritz, so we may have to work something out next year to avoid that striped look we've got going on right now. But other than that, I heart my skinny tree!
1 comment:
It's beautiful; so glad that you posted a photo. It's fun to see what other families' keepsakes and traditions are. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Post a Comment