Sometimes I watch girls the same age as Boo and begin to wonder what happens to them when they enter the tween and teen years. I wonder if every drop of 'sweet' just drops right out of their heads sometimes! Girls can be soo mean to each other. Or in our experience, they can just be mean without Boo being mean back to them..totally unprovoked. (Sadly, she is hardly alone.) But I just don't get it. And neither does she. She is nice to a fault, which I guess I don't understand sometimes. She will continue to be nice to the same girls long after I would have given up and walked away. I've even seen her give her beloved things (nothing big.. trinkets, favorite pens etc) to these girls. I asked her about it one time with the tone of 'what in the world did you do that for?!?' (that wasn't just my 'tone'... those were my exact words! LOL) and her simple reply was 'she would like it'. I couldn't even respond. It never entered her mind to hold back something good for them even though they were not nice in return. It stunned me and made me feel guilty for my question about it. She was willing to be nice and expect nothing in return. wow.
Today I met a 'little girl' that is two years older than Boo. She is a precious girl. She is sweet and I was amazed just listening to her 'be nice' to Boo. She has a kind heart and is very patient with someone younger than she is. That is something that not enough kids/girls these days have the patience to be... kind! I felt so blessed to have met this girl tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment