Friday, March 28, 2008

The Diet

I am one of those girls that everybody looks at and wonders what I'm talking about when I say I'm going on a diet. I have skinny arms and skinny legs and the number on the scale isn't HUGE, at least by some people's 'standard'. But I am what they call an 'apple' which means that I gain it all in the middle.. so I begin to be out of proportion and look like a stick person with a circle for a middle. Soo... after fretting a lot about what I would do about it, I decided to go on South Beach. I bought the book when it first came out and never actually did the diet. Although I liked how it worked and what he wants to accomplish with it. Soo, I took the plunge and started a couple of weeks ago.. well three weeks to be exact. But last week was spring break, so that week I gained a pound, so I guess maybe subconconsciously I'm not 'counting' that week. But anyway.. I think I'm 'down' by two this week, so thats good.

I have a hard time with his desserts since I'm lactose intolerant.. and he calls for lots of cheese stuff and milk stuff throughout the day AND for that late night yummy. Soo.. a friend of mine, who is a lifetime dieter of one sort or another, but who currently is checking out life at 'The Beach' too, recommended that I mix some Cool Whip with peanut butter and freeze it and it would make this ice cream sort of concoction! Yeah.. not what you would call sticking to the diet exactly and something that the good doctor that wrote the book would probably roll his eyes at, but I did it this week and I was down by two and I didn't even get the ratios right.. I got it a little fatter than I was supposed to.. but hey... I tried!

Well.. today I was heading back to the store for more of my 'ice cream mix' aka Cool Whip when I saw IT! CHOCOLATE Cool Whip! (Cue: celestial voices and light from above into the freezer case!). The thought of mixing the chocolate with peanut better and getting a little blob of 'heaven' was more than I could stand. So... The topping is in the freezer. I need to get it out so I can make my yummy 'dessert'. I'm so excited I could pop! The thought of my original dessert sitting in the freezer all day this week has kept me more or less on track because I knew I had a treat coming! Well... I've got another one coming now! I can't wait to see what its like. But how could you go wrong??? Its chocolate and peanut butter, people!

No comments: