Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Remember me?

 Hi all. It's been a minute...or a year..or so. 

I thought I would give a little mini update. Things are chugging along here..just living life corona-style. Which isn't all that exciting. Thankfully we are all healthy and have not been bitten by the covid bug. 

My health is good. I had a scare which was either a lab error or something going seriously amiss. I worked my tail off hitting all the anti-cancer stuff and got my labs redrawn a few weeks later, and they were amazing and have continued to be perfect. So yay for that. Very scary time for our little fam though.

I've been sewing! I made a couple more quilts. A simple one for a family in need. I heard about a little boy with the same cancer that took our little one. I was heartbroken so I made a quilt for them. 


It was a fun, quick quilt. A got the top done in a day. The simple quilting and binding took a few more days, and then it was off in the mail. I enjoyed making something for a stranger to help brighten their day. 

I also made a quilt for the girl. Its so stinking cute. 

It's KITTIES. I had so much fun making this. 




I had it long arm quilted by a lady here in town and she did such a great job. The quilt pattern is little paw prints and it just finishes it out so nicely. I decided to make a pillow sham out of the scraps. So cute. 



It's kitty approved...wait what? Yep..we have a little kitty. We love her.
 






She was a super fun surprise we didn't expect..but now we aren't sure what we would do without her. She is a lot of fun and a welcome distraction from all this covid mess. 

Blogger was a total bear uploading pics. Not very fun. But it was fun to come on and say hi. I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy.

Hugs, friends! 

2 comments:

Suz said...

YAY!! It's so nice to SEE you again.
I LOVE the cat quilt and sham...so stinking cute!
Your baby is adorable and she has the best family ever.
Sorry about the health scare, that is NOT what you need at all.

Big hugs my friend.
XO

Ernie said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I like to sew - but rarely do (I did sew masks to donate during covid), but I've never been trained to make a quilt. It might have too many rules for me. How wonderful that you made that quilt for the other family. Such a thoughtful gift.