I hope your Christmas and New Years were safe and happy. Ours was quiet and nice. And as always, I'm glad it's over. I guess I'm sort of a grinch but I am always happy to pack it all up and be done with holidays for a while. : )
I am happy to say that I have not been having problems breathing. I would say 'at all' but every now and then I will notice it for like A breathe. But it really has felt nice to just feel ok in that regard and not have to put so much mental effort into correctness in that area.
When I started feeling better, I started thinking about all the things I hadn't felt like doing when I couldn't get a breathe. One of them was cross stitch. I started a project a couple of winters ago and got bogged down on this one part and just stopped working on it. So I picked that up and got past the tricky part and finished it.
I did learn making this project that I have major anxiety over french knots. I dotted both the "i"s but did not do any of the decorative knots...I kept obsessing over them looking exactly alike, which they do not, so I knew doing the 20-30 other ones was a lost cause.
INSERT PHOTO HERE..yeah it never happened. : /
I also started putting more effort into my meals again. I have lots of cookbooks but you know as well as I do that it always comes back to the simple stuff. I have lots of recipes for 'raw' foods and salads. And there are some foods I'm trying to learn how to eat raw. One of them is cauliflower. So I played around with several recipes and came up with my own. I had to come up with a name so I went out on a limb and decided to call it Cauliflower Salad. I know, right.
Nothing here is exact...chop up a head of cauliflower..if it's a large one I use about 2/3. Chop into small pieces. I used to try to make it tiny but now I just go for small. Call me lazy. Then chop up a couple hand fulls of parsley, half some tiny tomatoes, add black olives, some onions and or green onions, some lemon juice, garlic powder, olive oil and salt and pepper. Just chop everything up in the amount and size that is your liking and add the flavorings etc and you're done. It is so yummy and bright. And super healthy. And there isn't a recipe. Just put a bunch of stuff together. And you could swap out other veggies altogether if you want.
INSERT PHOTO HERE...yeah this never happened either. : /
Anyway...I hope you and yours are enjoying the first
3 comments:
Happy New Year to you, too! i felt the same way about putting things away this year - the one thing I miss is the tree, and its incredible smell. I could live with the tree and lights for a long time, but oh, the mess of the fir needles!
Glad to hear that your breathing is easier now. Here is a toast to a happy, healthy 2015!
Hi Kay!
SOOOOOOoooo glad you're breathing like you should. I almost said 'like a normal' person....but no one who is a friend of mine is normal. LOL.
I used to cross stitch, but never.ever. did I try the french knots. Never.
The salad sounds great to me, aside from those Godforsaken olives. {why oh why?} ;)
I've been eating the heck out of salads lately and making my own dressing with dijon, lemon juice and evoo. I crave them daily. I'll give yours a whirl soon. Coach loves {an understatement} when I make faux smashed taters using cauliflower. Have you tried to grow it in your garden yet? Might be worth trying come spring time. XOXOXO
I'm so glad to know that you are breathing easier these days. Life isn't much fun when you can't breathe!
I cross stitched once. Didn't finish it, and now I want to learn to crochet. Probably won't finish that either. ((Hugs)) sweet friend!
Post a Comment