I have seen variations of what I’m about to show you all over the internet and on Pinterest. But I tweaked and changed and lowered the sugar (to zero) and I think it’s just about my favorite thing ever.
Are you ready?
(pretend I am showing you oatmeal, chia seeds, stevia, cocoa powder and almond milk)
(I totally forgot that until I was loading the pics and I deemed it too late since I didn’t want to start the process all over. Forgive me.)
Ok…back to the recipe…you start with 1/3 of a cup of old fashioned oatmeal…not the quick 5 minute stuff.
And then add about 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder.
And 1/8 of a teaspoon of stevia.
This is the kind of stevia I’m using right now.
And stir it all around til it looks sort of combined.
Then add 3/4 of a cup of unsweetened almond milk. (or the milk of your choice)
And 2 tablespoons of chia seeds. (follow the link and go read about this little super food dynamo!)
And stir it all up. Also add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir that in too. I forgot to picture it. Pioneer Woman I am not.
That spoon is good for licking right about this point. Just sayin’. : ) And the bowl now goes in the frig for 15 to 30 minutes. I usually grab it closer to 15 minutes and everything is ok.
While the chia seeds work their magic and soak up some of the chocolate milk, it’s time to make the topping.
The cast of characters…cocoa powder…I buy mine at the health food store…it is dutch process and I think it dissolves easier, vanilla extract, a riper banana (or baby food banana if you don’t have a real banana on hand), flax oil, stevia and cottage cheese. Pretend my cottage cheese is organic..it usually is.
Anyway, combine 1 tablespoon of the flax oil with about a 1/4 of a cup of the cottage cheese in a bullet style blender. Also add about 1/2 the jar of baby food banana, or about half a banana, 1/8 teaspoon of stevia, 2 teaspoons cocoa and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Put the spurs to it!
Basically what you’ve got now is something that tastes exactly like chocolate pudding, but it’s super healthy!
Pull out your oatmeal concoction when you deem it settled enough. It will look sort of crusted over on the top. I always stir it some to mix it well and give the chia something else to soak up if they still want to.
Pour the pudding on top. And enjoy!
Y’all this is just about the most delicious breakfast ever. I took all the equipment on vacation to have this every morning for breakfast. I just love it. And if you get tired of the chocolate, you can just leave it out altogether and make the entire thing vanilla flavored. Both are equally delish!
And super healthy…love love YUM!
3 comments:
I like chia alot, and chocolate, and vanilla, and oatmeal, so this sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
This looks amazing....dessert for breakfast AND healthy too? LOVE!!!! Thank you for sharing.
XO
This looks absolutely amazing! Loved the humor, too. You're my kind of Pioneer Woman.
Post a Comment