Y’all. I have been waiting. And waiting. And watching the calendar to see when Melanie’s new book was coming out.
And then I read on Boo Mama’s blog that she had seen it on the shelf EARLY at Lifeway where she lives. And I became on woman on a mission.
With a coupon.
I called Lifeway and they said they had two on the shelf. So I was on my way. When I got there I looked all the places I thought it was going to be, but couldn’t find it. So I asked about it. And the guy said he had a box full in the back for the Dot Mom conference so he just went back there and got me one. I was so excited.
I immediately dove into reading. But I struggled because I wanted to inhale it but I also wanted it to last forever because it was that good! But I managed to find a happy medium and stretch it out over a few days.
And y’all…it is so good! It’s not a bunch of recycled blog posts and I was thankful for that. It’s fresh and new, but it reads exactly like the voice we’re used to “hearing” on her blog. It is sweet and touching while being laugh out loud funny at the same time. A joy from beginning to end.
It doesn’t matter whether you are early on in your mothering or have a bunch of few years of parenting under your belt like me, you will love it.
In the immortal words of Larry the Cucumber…”I laughed, I cried. It moved me, Bob.” I know I’m old, but I can still quote Veggie Tales.
And we all know that’s one of the lesser known skills of being a mother.
In other words…buy it. Read it. You’ll be glad you did.
The end.
Please click here to see the trailer for the book. It is just precious and a must see, in my opinion. For the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to make it show up even though I got the html imbedded. So I had to add the linky. Sorry. : )
2 comments:
Can't wait to read it. I've heard great things about it!
Okay -- put it on hold at the library. Thanks for the recommendation. ( : Reading through your blog, it sounds like you are doing very well. I'm so thankful!!
Post a Comment