Yesterday was such a long day. It doesn’t help that it started at 5am when I woke up and couldn’t fall back to sleep. UGH.
I got up and got it together because I was expecting a crew to work in my back yard. After all the drama we’ve had and all the “we were going to move but we never found a house and now we’re sort of thankful because our needs are different now than they were a year and half ago” stuff, we are getting a new fence. We have had issues with unwanted (bad) dogs getting into our yard for a couple of years. And little more than small patch jobs after the fact. We realized we are going to have to shoulder the responsibility of redoing an entire wall of fence…and pay for it. Not cheap!
We haven’t used our yard in two years. Let that one sink in. Two years that we have felt like prisoners in our own home.
So after all the waiting and the bids and what not, we finally found somebody to come and do the fence. A metal SOLID fence that is 7 feet above the ground and one foot below. The dogs are diggers (bored most of the time). That should fix their little red wagons, as my parents used to say.
They arrived and started working and then I headed to ‘the big city’ for my onc appointment. 40 miles one way. They were busier than usual and I had to wait a while but that was ok. He was a sweetie as usual and finally I was on the road for home…so tired and sleepy at this point. It was after 1pm when I got home, and I still needed to eat. So I threw my lunch together. And then went to the gym. Did I mention that I was wiped out? But I still managed to do my usual cardio. It felt good and then I crashed in the car and felt so tired I couldn’t move. And then I came home and made dinner. Last night was one of those nights that ‘in the olden days’ I would have called and told the hubs he needed to bring home take out. But I can cook healthier than that, so I persevered.
The only thing keeping me going was knowing I could go to bed soon. And then I went to bed and finally fell asleep. Only to wake up at 3am this morning and not be able to fall back asleep. I finally did get in another nap before time to wake up ‘for good’. Now I’m waiting for the fence guys to come again to bury the posts and dig the trench. And tomorrow, they install the actual fence and we will be able to use the yard again.
I am already asking for a yard swing for our swing set. And some twinkle lights for the patio. We might even be able to take our new-ish camera outside and get a little practice with it.
Vitamin D not from a bottle, here I come. : )
Is it nap time yet?
4 comments:
I am SO excited for your new backyard! YES....bring on the twinkle lights and dining Al Fresco!!!!
Rest up girl....you deserve it.
XO
That new-improved-yard sounds wonderful. It's your yard and you should be able to use it!
I have learned that I like dogs well enough; it's SOME dog-owners toward whom I do not feel so loving. WHY don't they take responsibility for their own, and either fence, tie, invisible fence or otherwise keep them where they belong? Not worth getting upset, but it is a head-scratcher.
I hope all went well at the Onc, and that you are feeling well and healthy. Hugs to you!
P.S. - did you see the news that Dr. Jensen's T-cell therapy is now approved for clinical trials? We just visited his lab today, and they expect to start sometime in the next month! Better treatment is on the way - thanks be to God!
The fence sounds like a winner to me! Kudos to you for hanging in there and eating healthy and working out even though you were tired!
I hate it when I'm exhausted and can't sleep! Glad you seem to be doing fairly well otherwise and will soon get to enjoy your dog-free backyard!
Post a Comment