Wednesday, May 16, 2012

magnify

Growing up there were many ‘church words’ that I didn’t understand.

To be honest, a lot of church words are still sometimes a mystery.

O Magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together. Ps 34:3

I have heard the word magnify and read it and sung it and thought it but never really got what it means. Maybe I still don’t…but God is opening me up to see glimpses of what it means.

When I look at the moon, it is small. If I looked it with a telescope, it would be big. It hasn’t changed in size, but I see it differently because that’s what I am focusing on. My perspective has changed.

When I look at problems or my health or anything else, it can seem so BIG sometimes. A weight too big to carry. And then I look at God and He seems small compared to everything around me that I am focusing on.

Maybe I need to use my ‘telescope’ (prayer) and focus on God instead of the things around me. And then I can see Him better and the things that weigh on me would be smaller in comparison.

Perspective is a tricky thing and I am determined to keep my eyes focused on the One that matters most.

4 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Excellent analogy!! He is soooo much bigger than anything on this earth if we keep our focus. :)

Gberger said...

I know that He is holding you in His loving arms. Sending {{{HUGS}}} to you through the cybermails.

Cheryl Barker said...

Yes and yes! Let's magnify the Lord!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I'll have to keep that in mind when I go through tough times.