Sunday, December 12, 2010

cute little gifts

Do you ever need a cute little gift at Christmas (or anytime) that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg?

Me too!

I saw the cutest idea the other day in Scrapbooks Etc magazine and decided to copy it. And here’s what I did.

I bought some vanilla cookie flavored scented candles at Walmart a nice store. They came bigger, but this small size was the cheapest cute and easy to work with for my project.

P1030589

I cut strips of scrapbook paper approximately one and a half inches ‘tall’ by ‘whatever around’. One piece of 12 by 12 scrapbook paper was more than enough for what I was making. 

P1030590

I also used a small punch to make small circles. I used an inkpad to distress the edges just a little bit. You can’t really see it, but it looks better than a plain circle would have.

Then I added stickers.

P1030591

And put them all together.

P1030592

And wrapped them.

P1030593

There you go…five gifts for $5…plus the stuff I already had laying around in my scrapbook bin.

By just changing out the scents/papers, this project would make a fun yet inexpensive gift anytime.

4 comments:

Beckypdj said...

very cute Kay :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is adorable!!! I have done something similar with ribbon before, but this looks easier (and cheaper!)

Diana Ferguson said...

Cute idea!!!

Gberger said...

Genius, crafty, and so welcome in winter when the power goes out often - or anytime of year, for "atmosphere!"

Another idea from a friend of mine: if you have photos of your recipients, you could make the labels with their photo on it - I've received gifts like that, and LOVE them.